View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 10:34 PM   #1
1Metalbender

Default Enough to make the pope mad...

Finally got time today to clean up my shop and start dismantling my 31 model a truck so I can get started on it. I had to use a torch to get the door pins to release, and for some reason my rosebud decided to go south for the winter I guess cause I couldn't find it nowhere...so with that in mind I did everything using my cutting tip...while I was careful as to how much heat I applied these door pins did not want to give up the ghost! The drivers side door was just the door edge and hinges, top and bottom pin came out with a little fight...middle pin wasn't having it so I cut the door side hinge since I've got a good one on the door I'm using...figured I'd surgically remove the pin later...the left side I had to save everything since it's all I got...bottom pin put up a fight...middle pin came out pretty as you please with hardly any effort and the top pin wasn't having any of it! I heated it let it cool a bit then used kryoil, let it set...more kryoil...then heated it again...finally got it to move a bit only to have the splined top break off...pin is now stuck and the door is trying to come off except the top of the pin is holding the door...tried to drive it back the other way, no dice! Finally after more heat I got it to move just a little and was able to use a pry bar to get the door off...once I did I noticed I had melted the cowl side of the hinge and the pin was still in it...:bang head I decided to call it a day before I made the situation worse that it already was...keep in mind I still have to get the rest of the screws and bolts out of this thing and Henry was the last guy to touch them I'm sure! Are they all like this or do I just have all the luck?
1Metalbender is offline   Reply With Quote