View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 07:08 PM   #10
TJ

Default Re: 1952 Ford Ranch Wagon VIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by My50sfords View Post
I'm trying to get a title for a 52 Ranch Wagon that was my Father's. It has sat in a field since 1960. Everyone who would know about this car are no longer alive. I need a valid VIN in order to get a title. There is a plate on the right front door pillar. It has a serial # and vehicle description but no VIN. I haven't found any other plates or numbers on the car. Maybe the Serial # was the same as Vin back then. Does anyone know if there was a VIN was on a 1952 ford car? I appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks!
According to the 1952-53 book (two volume set) put out by the Early Ford V-8 Club of America there is a frame number on your car. The number can be found on the right side of the frame. There is a crossmember that runs from the right side of the frame to the front crossmember. The serial number (or VIN) is stamped on top of that crossmember. Look for that number as most department of motor vehicles will want a frame number for registration purposes. That number should match the patent data plate in the door jamb.
If you plan to restore this car you should purchase the book from the Early Ford V-8 Club. There's a ton of good info in the book for anyone who owns a '52-'53 Ford vehicle.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote