View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
bobmc

Default The A will not move

Working on a club members coupe. He backed the car out of the garage and put in it first gear, let out the clutch and nothing happened. I removed the floor boards and look in the inspection cover to confirm the clutch was working. Depressing the pedal you can see the through out bearing contacting the fingers on the pressure plate and working as it should. Next I removed the tower from the transmission. With the car running when I release the clutch the input shaft in the tranny turns. I next removed the top have of the clam shell that covers the u joint. visibility is limited there is only a small hole that I could look in to. It appears the joint is turning but with the rear wheels off the ground there is not movement. I next pulled both brake drums thinking he broke a axel key. Both keys are in tact and in contact with the drums, however with the drums off the axel will not turn. Is there enough room inside the clam shell for the unit to come apart? And am I correct that to remove the clam shell for inspection we need to remove the rear end, or motor. Is it possible for the bolt to come out and the shaft to separate? Any help is appreciated. We plan to look into this more deeply on this Thursday.

thank for all your responses.

bob
bobmc is offline   Reply With Quote