View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #17
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Lets get Tom Wesenberg over the 25000 today

It is never a wise move, to trade an antique car towards something like a 10 year old Vette that will continue to depreciate. Look at 70's Vettes what they are doing money wise. Virtually nothing. They are flat and have low value. They're a used car nothing more.

I have a friend who was a Chevy fanatic. About four years ago, a collector car dealer in Iowa talked him into trading his MINT #1 condition show car '69 Camaro RS plus cash (??), towards a brand new Camaro. We all told him not to do it but he did. His car was worth more than a new Camaro anyway.

About four months later, it was sitting along the highway with a 'For Sale' sign in the window. I saw Eddie uptown and asked him 'What gives?' He said 'I wish I had listened to you guys. I found out I didn't really like that new Camaro and wanted my '69 back.' It was sold before it hit the lot. They had somebody lined up to buy it beforehand. It was long gone.

He got so upset, he is completely out of old cars now, drives a Grandma Silver Camry that you see everywhere, and he used to be Mr. Chevrolet. Not now.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote