Thread: Odd VIN
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #14
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: Odd VIN

In this case, it seems to me that it is the dealer's responsibility to straighten out the title.

That is one of the reasons I wanted to buy a car with a clear California title and a current California Registration. I had the owner fill out the transfer of ownership on the back of the Title (Pink Siip) and took it to DMV.

Even with that, the clerk said I need to fill out another form and get the Previous Owner (PO) to sign it. Fortunately, the PO only lived 60 miles away. I got it signed and took it back. The second clerk at DMV said it was the wrong form and I needed to fill out another form and also get it signed by the PO. I got the Supervisor involved and asked if the could just staple the two forms together. Luckily he agreed.

The DMV had enough problems getting vehicles registered and Driver's Licenses issued. The State Legislature then required them to issue ID Cards to non-drivers so they can prove their identity for financial transactions and Voter Registration. Then they required them to issue ID cards for proof of Citizenship at Airports. It seems to me that the Registrar of Voters in each County is in a better position to issue ID cards to vote and for financial transactions.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote