View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #1
Tom Wesenberg

Default Pictures of a Doghouse for Model A Engines

I just finished this today. My garage is small and full, and I needed someplace to store my Delco Light Plant and a Model A engine. If I remove the Delco, I think it has enough room for 3 Model A engines. Storing parts under those cheap plastic sheets just doesn't cut it. This is so tight it's even mouse proof, but I may put some mothballs in to keep insects out.

I don't think any community has rules against having dog houses, even though it has no door. I got about half the materials free out of a dumpster from a local house remodel, but the things I needed to buy still cost me about $100. I used 3 hinges so I can tip the roof and sides out of the way to work on the engines.

I included a before picture of the Delco I bought off ebay. I used diesel fuel and a soft paint brush to clean it up. It came out good enough to leave it as a survivor, although I may have to repaint the gas tank and the intake tube after I straighten the dent.

I built it on some plastic milk crates, but a nice flat cement pad sure would have been better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Delco 5.jpg (71.5 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg Dog House 1.JPG (150.8 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg Dog House 3.JPG (138.7 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg Dog House 4.JPG (126.7 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (97.0 KB, 266 views)
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote