Thread: New problem!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #15
Seth Swoboda

Default Re: New problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Why not start by removing the transmission shifter top, six bolts, and lift that slowly, making sure the forks were positioned correctly in 1/R gear and 2/3 sliding collar. Then drain oil and check gears and see if any broken teeth are in bottom of case. If that all looks good drop the rear down as a unit and roll it out to dismantle.
This same type of failure occurred on my 35 fordor in Nov. 2015. I also suspected it was the transmission, but turned out to be the rear. What a mess it turned out to be inside that banjo. I drained the rear before removing and lots of pieces and parts came out through the drain hole with the oil. I can add some pics here later, but I can tell you it was not pretty. Everything inside the banjo was destroyed, as well as the banjo housing itself.

Edit: Some pictures of the rear failure, and my one and only garage helper....my beautiful all white cat.....Ol Blue Eyes
JM, when you mentioned Ol' Blue Eyes I thought you were going into a story about the days when you and Sinatra were hanging out.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote