View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 01:03 PM   #32
daviddcw

Default Re: Warning - Sophisticated Scammer Trolling the Want Adds

How could we catch this guy? - If we could even find him? Is there any law enforcement that would go after such a con man? If found would there be jurisdiction law enforcement that would prosecute? I thinking there needs to be a solution, an established procedure for identifying honest sellers and buyers, followed by anyone who decides to contact a seller or a buyer. This procedure could be posted as a warning on all forums and threads for the benefit of all buyers and sellers. How to do it? I don't know, I'm not that computer literate, but there must be some way, some rules to follow that would prevent rip offs. That being said, crooks are very good at what they do and Hackers prove that over and over again! Pay Pal has built in safe guards. I once sent $1,000.00 plus dollars to a seller via Pay Pal and and due to their policies the money was returned to my account by the seller who didn't deliver. However had he been a crook I probably would have been a victim. It seems to me that Pay Pal even has an insurance program to prevent loss if the seller doesn't come through with the agreed upon merchandise? I think rule one should be the common sense idea that you don't send money if you can't verify the sellers identity. Even email addresses can be phony and easily changed. It's definitely a BIG problem.
daviddcw is offline   Reply With Quote