View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #33
Synchro909

Default Re: Removing an Air Maze filter

Those air maze filters dangling under the carburettor on that right angled thingy can't be used here and as far as I know, no one offers an air filter that will fit on a RHD car. I fit my own but it is a squeeze. I have to make a fitting to go on the carb intake, then up and to the right through the gap between the GAV rod and the steering column itself. A length of flexible hose like a vacuum cleaner uses then runs up to an ordinary paper element filter I mount on the radiator stays. I use one large enough that there is virtually no restriction to air flow but I pressure balance the carby anyway. These modern filters work very well as we all know and it is mounted up out of the way of most of the crap. Any fuel leaking from the carby can't get to the filter either so no fire danger. Mounting an air cleaner like this would be quite easy for you guys and your LHD cars.
The first thing I did to prepare my car for long distance touring was to fit a filter for air and oil and I'd do it again the same way.

Last edited by Synchro909; 02-25-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Synchro909 is offline   Reply With Quote