View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 06:53 AM   #18
Keith True

Default Re: Comments on wanted to buy section

Probably because I've been selling stuff all my life I either don't notice,or not pay much attention to the non-responders.A friend that runs a salvage yard says if you get 5 out of 20 get back to you you're doing well.It's always just been a part of it I guess.A few months ago I decided to sell a Columbia rear end from a mid 30's Ford that I had been sitting on for years.I advertised it,with my phone number,and got the usual,lowball half price offers.On a Saturday morning at 7 AM I got a call asking if would hold it long enough for him to drive here from western Mass.Of course,I'm not going to sell something when somebody is on their way.He paid for it,I loaded it and he left.Then I got a call from a man about it,and told him it had just sold.he hollered and carried on,telling me he had been sending me emails for days,and he should have gotten it.I wrote calls only in the ad.I had not read my mail for days,and that is why I put a number in there.Karma bit me on that one though,less that two weeks after I sold it I had the chance to buy a 35 coupe I've known about since 1979.That rear end money went toward the coupe though.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote