View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 10:39 PM   #12
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: AMP Meter Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
I recently drove my A on a short trip that I decided to turn my lights on. I have an original generator and a six volt electrical system. I also have a generator cutout which I believe has a diode inside. To me it seems to act as a voltage regulator but I am unsure that is a fact. During this short trip I noticed that the AMP Meter at the very best would only registrar 2 AMP's DISCHARGE.

My question is can I move the third Generator Brush so that it will read 0 AMP"s or is this not advisable?

Sounds like your system is working normally. The minus 2 amps are coming from the battery to assist the generator. I have driven for more than an hour with my ammeter reading the same as yours. When I got home I put the car on a trickle charger.

With that said if you are going to drive for a couple of hours in the dark then move the third brush until the meter reads 0 with the car running and then you can drive anytime with the lights always on.

One more thing, the diode is nothing more then a switch and as such does not regulate anything.

Last edited by Mike V. Florida; 11-07-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Mike V. Florida is offline   Reply With Quote