View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #17
bobH

Default Re: Lots of great 34 Ford footage! Netflix Highwaymen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post

Clyde did have good taste in cars . The most interesting thing for me is after they and the car has been shot to pieces by over 100 rounds their bodies were removed from the car and a Police officer hopped into the car and drove it to the local Sheriffs office . That's one tough car -Karl

I'm not so sure about that... The version that I read, had the car being TOWED to town, and I think with bodies in it???
And, the "over 100 rounds", not sure of that, either. I've seen the car many times. I don't think there's 100 rounds. I'll take another look, next time I see it. Which will be very soon. Looking at my own personal pictures, I think I can count, perhaps, half-to-three-fourths of a hundred. Of course, I admit, I can't verify rounds that went through the windows. The shooters were not very good marksmen. I suppose one doesn't have to be a marksman with automatic weapons.
It's sad for me to see the car deteriorating. Especially, when only a few years ago, it was roadworthy for the Great Race.
JMO
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote