View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 12:50 PM   #11
37 Coupe

Default Re: Appraisal ""Interesting Story""

I let a real nice '53 F-100 go in 1991 that I have always regretted. I actually drove it to Pidgeon Forge F-100 Nationals for its maiden voyage in 1990,original flathead that I had adapted with air conditioning and power steering. Surprisingly the guy I sold it to called me recently and had asked me a couple questions just like the deal was done a week ago instead of almost 24 years ago. Questions were mainly about the fuel pump ,electric and original one.When I told him they are both probably shot from the ethanol fuel he told me the gas that was in the tank was what I had put in it,when I drove it into his barn he never restarted it.I was shocked but mentioned to him that I would like to buy it back if he was ever in the selling mood. Shocked again when he told me he had it appraised for $50,000-$75,000 and he would not take the low end. I asked who the appraiser was and he said it was a friend who gets a lot of his information by studying Barrett Jackson. Guess I will never see that little red truck in my garage again.