View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 08:16 PM   #3
Frank Miller

Default Re: Another unbridled venture

Tonight finds me in Harmony Minnesota. I hoped to get a bit further but I'm ok with today's progress.

There was a lot of thunder and rain last night. This morning it cleared but the heat was with me all day.

I followed 30 to Joliet Illinois where the traffic started to lighten up and and the driving became easier. There is not much other than farms and cornfield occasionally broken up by a mile of quaint town.

I was able to maintain a pretty good pace on these one lane roads. I did hit historic 66 for a bit in Joliet, just enough to see a few signs.

I took 30 until I hit 52 west which took me over the Mississippi into Iowa and then 52 north up into Minnesota.

Somewhere in Iowa just south of the Minnesota line I got severely poured on. I pulled over and it looked like sitting in a car wash. I have to say it was a bit scary driving but I remained calm and pulled over a couple of times until it cleared a bit and I got out of it.

Stopped at first hotel I saw and called it a day around 6 central time.

In my travels I passed an airplane museum that was closed but got some pics.

At one point I thought I saw a funnel cloud forming but it was just smoke from a fire.

Ate in this bar downtown that had hubcaps and a Model A shell on the wall.

Well all for now hope the pics give you a feel for driving my route.

At some point tomorrow I hope to get on 12 in Minnesota and drive that route west to Montana.