View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 05:09 AM   #19
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Should I pass on this A? Or would I miss out on something?

I guess in my mind, the person who is interested in buying this car needs to clearly define their idea of the term "Driver".

All cars are 'Survivors' if they have not been sent to a scrap yard, so don't let names get in the way of creating emotions. The brutal reality is most hobbyists do NOT have the time, skill, or money to restore, -or even return this vehicle to a true 'Driver' level status. From my experience, there will be wood work needed to make the body safe & sound. The picture above represents about 100 hours to turn planks of wood into the state you see there. The wood in many areas is interlocking which means you just don't move a rotted piece without potentially disturbing an adjacent piece. Next, if this vehicle is to be driven much with the family, a new interior, -or at least a partial interior would likely need to be installed to keep the occupants enthused about being seen riding in it. Trying to get brads into wood that is harder than Chinese Arithmetic is a real struggle.

So my advice is you are seeking a 'Driver' level vehicle, this is not the vehicle even if it were presented to you for free. If you are someone seeking a 2,000 hour project that will challenge you in both mechanical and wood disciplines, this would probably be a good candidate. Just my 2 cents.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote