Thread: Brakes
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
hope

Default Re: Brakes

Half of my brake lines system is stainless, so i'm keeping the 1/4 lines.

Went to Dot#5 because of information i gathered, was that Dot#5 will not store moisture. But then again i got to thinking, at my age who gives a.......BUT my oldest son will get the car after i'm pushing daisies so no doubt it will be sitting some, i don't want him to have problems with moisture
in the brake system. (all he knows is how to start a car,)

I have tried quick bleeders, and also a brake bleeder system, didn't seem to work.
I'm definitely doing something wrong.

I also had the car on the stands pointing somewhat nose down angle, so now its level.

My next step, is i'm going to try again but this time with someone in the seat pushing on the pedal.

I've done many brake bleeding, over the years by myself when my kids became of age and had to ave a car, and i sure as heck could not buy them a new car.

What's got me frustrated, is i've had this car over 50 years, and when time permitted worked on it to rebuild just about everything including blasting to bare metal, and painting it Dark Cherry Pearl, front end, rear end transmission,dash, 12volts wiring done just about one wire at a time,BUT had the engine done by "WALT DUPONT" in Maine and runs like a charm.

And i'm at the point of putting it on the road to enjoy driving it, but i'm stuck with this brake problem, i get so upset sometimes about this kind of situation i just leave it alone for a while.

I'm going to try again, but at 83 i work VERY SLOW.

Hope

By the wayTHANKS all of you for the reply.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote