View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:00 AM   #27
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: Toe-in Alignment tool

I fear I did overkill on this toe in thing, but, it is what it is! I got some angle iron from my junk pile and some wood. I then cut the angle iron in two pieces that when held up next to my model a tires, there was an inch sticking out front and back. Next, I cut two pieces of wood, and formed the wood to fit just inside the rim lip! I then bolted the wood in line with the edge of the angle iron and screwed the wood to the angle iron! I then cut another hunk of angle to fit on the inside of the Wheel and drilled holes in both the outside piece with the wood attached and took some thread stock and mounted two sets of these on each front wheel. Using a level, got both mounted to be perfectly level and at the same height. Then using a ruler, I did my toe in measure and adjustment! The order of things, is adjust wheel bearings, then do toe in, and sadly with my homemade arrangement, since you should do toe in averaging because wheels are not true, I had to reclamp and level and measure about 3 times! But when done, no more shimmy!
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote