View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #189
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there!!!

Today I installed the windshield, sprayed the rubber seal with Teflon/silicon spray lubricant, rubbed the frame with spray, all rubber parts and it slipped right in. I thought from beginning that there was no way it was going to fit, but the frame is perfect. Talked to one man this evening over in Baltimore area and he said he replaced 2 or 3 glass windshields from over tightening the inside windshield screws. He would come back and find glass broke, I am leaving mine alone, looks good. Also got a lot of information from him about his Cabriolet and things to fix problems I am working on, Fordbarn works GREAT!
Cut the long strip of windshield rubber and worked out well, lots of tape and clamps to hold in place for proper fit

Now I will ask on this thread, I need the metal strip that goes on the top front header bow, I did not know I was missing this part until looking for windshield seal information. The top of car cowl windshield has a cap on top, but I need the matching wood bow top cover part. Any information on location of one or someone that makes them is appreciated, Bruce
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote