View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 11:32 AM   #263
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Dennis, David, Rock, Folks,

I do work better on my own sometimes too! just take my time and try to be safe. This was the first real test of my home grown, designed and built jib. Maybe 500 lbs?? Anyway it did a very good job and was the perfect tool, along with the 1 ton Dayton electric hoist that I rebuilt, and the HF leveler.

Rock,
I had used some gas but its not a good thing to use due to the flammability issues So I switched to using Kerosene as the solvent. Maybe not the best cleaner, but these parts are not going to get totally cleaned because I do not plan to paint them. Which I have done every part and nut and bolt on projects and this is kind of a relief. So I do an initial scrape off of the protective coating of grease then soak and brush the solvent. After it has dried I go over the surface with a hand held piece of sand paper to get the loose paint off.
The gasket areas get a scotch brite disc on a air a die grinder.
I try to get in the habit of cleaning these items before I set them aside. It helps with the assembly work later if they are somewhat ready to go back on the engine.

Dennis,
That is the plan but it needs some love. Unless I can find another engine? Humm Maybe??

Ford Folks,
Scattered pictures:
The key in the U joint on the PTO box:

AAB minus engine and trans:

Empty in there, but easy to work on!:

The big U joint on the end of the transmission:

Resting:

Shift tower:

Snyder's helps protect the cast pulley:

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 07-13-2021 at 11:40 AM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote