View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #51
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: Will I fit in a Roadster??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forddan View Post
I am new on Model A and been driving the car for a few months only. I have a Tudor 29 to which I moved the front seats backs 2". I am almost 6" 300#. I fit more comfortable now than when I got it in January this year.

Nevertheless, I quoted the posting because I have read, hear and there, "Do not grab or pull the steering wheel to enter in the car" , and i was doing that. I grab the steering wheel with my left and the seat with my right hand to balance my body inside the car. There is certain pulling to the wheel.

Why is that bad ?

Thank you !
Daniel

On 28-30 and possibly early 31s the steering column support is riveted to the Gas tank. Tugging on the steering wheel can cause the rivets to wear/loosen, and you can get gas leakage/seepage inside the A. If you search here on teh Barn, there are methods to repair, but the best repair is difficult - involves removal of the gas tank.

Some, including myself, have converted and moved the support to the Dash. Ford moved the support to the dash in 1931. I believe that a lot of tugging is also hard on the steering mechanicals. Again, this should be covered on past threads.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote