View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 06:22 AM   #14
woofa.express

Default Re: Model A printed fabric. Wanted.

Chinese Transactions.

It is my intention to appropriately outfit myself in period gear when I attend a future motor car meeting. A cravat, arm bands and waist jacket with Woofa’shead protruding from the pocket and a bowler hat. There are not many bowler hats on the local new or used markets, so because of this I purchased same off ebay out of China.
Now Chinese suppliers are a mixed lot. Some good, some not so good. Fraudulent is the word I’m really looking for. Well my bowler hat arrived in a small envelope, sealed well with stickers of supplier and courier.When I opened it I found it contained two small sealed plastic packages. Each contained crystals abit like that coffee sugar that was once trendy, except these crystals were clear/opaque.
The policeman said they were most certainly ice and took them for analysis, not that he can charge a Chinaman living in China.
Of course my lovely and aged neighbour was curious as to why the police car was at my gate so I was courteous and told her. Now that had her stumped because she just could not envisage ice being sent in the post. She reckoned it would melt long before it could be delivered.
Only a few months ago I ordered a simple hand drill on ebay, again from China to be delivered. But instead China had sent a soap rack for a shower. I advised them of their error and they offered a 15% refund. I declined and asked for the drill. They responded yet again and offered a 50% refund. Another two communications occurred and they were still not offering to send my order. I concluded by telling them they were not honourable to deal with and they responded with one only word “okay”.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bowler hat 2.JPG (14.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ice.JPG (37.3 KB, 0 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote