View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
1932 V8

Default 1933 Phaeton . . . it finally happened :)

I had posted a little while ago about wanting a Phaeton . I had found a nice 36 Phaeton I was considering and then I heard about a 33 Phaeton that may be for sale . A month ago at our V8 Club swap meet a friend of mine said hey Mike, I sent a guy your way that mentioned he wanted to sell a older restored 33 Phaeton . I said great , how do I get a hold of him ( of course trying to hold back my excitement ). He said I don't know , I just told him where your spot was so I though he would find you . Well , our swap meet was big and I was all over the place so no one found me . I told my friend , c'mon , you can't do that to me , any info at all ?? He said I think the persons name was xxxxxx , and he owned a junk yard in xxxxxxxx . That was all I had and my search began . I was able to track down the owner and gave him a call .He was impressed my stalking skills . I told him hey , it's a 33 Phaeton , I had to !! The car was his fathers car who had lost interest in old Fords a while ago. His son was the keeper of the car and he unfortunately is to busy to do anything with it . They both decided they should sell it . They had owned the car since 1973 .We went and took a look at it and fell in love . I was ablt to beg ,barrow and beg some more and we went and picked it up yesterday . It is a nice old car . Very solid . It has some neat options like 17" Bent Spoke wheels ,Dual temp gauge, Chex amp/oil gauge ,Dunford Firewall tool box , Emergency lever extension handle and a clock mirror(no Ford logo) The car was painted in the late 60's or early 70's . The paint looks ok in pic's and will be a good driver paint job . So far so good, things are only getting better the more I dig . I am not a big fan of the detroit lubricator carbs so I am looking for a 34 manifold and I have a good 94 or 97 carb for it .The DL just seems a little fussy . The top needs a good scrubbing , suggestions ?? Enjoy the pics . We are very excited to have this car now and she will be in the family for a long time .
I just need to add a huge THANK YOU to my wife for putting up with all this non-sense and supporting my hobby !!!!!!! I swear every other word out of my mouth was Phaeton for about the last month !! Ha Ha !!

Last edited by 1932 V8; 06-27-2012 at 02:44 PM.
1932 V8 is offline   Reply With Quote