View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 01:11 PM   #52
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Telling someone to check the Judging Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corley View Post
I hope you can now see that this question does not make any sense... To further explain:

First, if you had the book and followed the book, then you may still have a question about the process. Right? Second, you, again, assume one has the book, and they may not. Right?. Third, as your last sentence intimates, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and due to a vehicles history, modifications, or whatever, the book may not hold the answer in this case. Right? Lastly, that sentence seems to indicate that there is only one process in completing a task, the way the book guides you to do it, which is simply not true. The same result can be achieved with several different approaches and methods. Right?

Right. (All in good fun!)

I think this whole thread topic has about run its course but I am going to share one more analogy that you can either choose to embrace, -or you can form your own opinion and believe what you want.

Just as in Baseball, --or Golf, ...or in most Motorsports there is a Rulebook that is the 'Guideline' by which we are to use if we want to participate as a group. The Model-A RG&JS is nothing more than a Rulebook with guidelines.

Just like in PGA's Rulebook, it does not teach you how to play the game of Golf. It merely gives you a 'standards' by which you are to play by. If you go to a golf course to play a round, other players on the course do not care whether you Tee-off with a #2 Wood or a #5 Iron. If they are standing there watching, (-and wanting to play thru!!) while you "doing it your way", they really don't care and probably are just glad you are not in their group. I'm sure that is how some hobbyists view these guys bragging that their rusted POS is a survivor car that is all original.

But back to the original topic of the rulebook, the RG&JS really is nothing more than just a suggestion for a way that you & your friends are to play if you are seeking to accurately assemble.

That same mindset applies to all types of other sports too. Nothing in a Baseball rulebook shows 'how' to play the game. Nothing in the RG&JS shows 'how' to restore your Model-A. Its sole purpose is to be the benchmark in adjudication, and to suggest what individual parts are likely authentically correct on your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpf240 View Post
As great a resource the JS & RG book is, it doesn't, and probably can't, cover everything. Having said that, it is a good first place to look for "how it is/was supposed to look".

One will have to look to other resources for the 'how-to' questions.

Great point.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote