View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Dingman Collection auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
KUBE, take a look at the above post from 19Forty, the car is in the auction, lot #817. Here is part of the write up from the RM Auction catalog...
The Dingman Collection’s 1940 Ford Deluxe Convertible Coupe was acquired from Michael Kubarth, of Racine, Wisconsin, and was restored to a very high standard. Immediately following its acquisition, it was shipped directly to Roush Performance Products to be prepared for its participation in the Great American Race, which included having the engine rebuilt to Mr. Dingman’s exacting standards, the remarkable details of which are listed in the front of this catalog, and for which the paperwork on file amounts to approximately $36,000 in additional work. Other special touches include conversion to 12-volt electrics, allowing the use of an electric radiator fan for reliable operation in all climates and the discreet installation of a modern stereo system under the dashboard. Imagine that...
Vic...This is an interesting volley. In your "lunchtime" campaign, you've made reference on at least three occasions to "trailer queens", and that you BUILD your cars to be driven. In the "lunchtime" post that you later deleted with reference to Kube and I being "kissin' cousins", you also made specific reference to Kube's restorations being "trailer queens". Interesting to note that the subject '40 Ford convertible in the above-noted auction obviously DID NOT turn-out to be a "trailer queen". Imagine that an almost perfect (999 point) restoration MUST ONLY putt back and forth, into and out of a trailer. Well, THIS resto kind of proves that theory isn't quite all it was imagined to be. Those Great Race guys "pound" on those cars way harder than you ever will on your "driver" Zep. By the way, I've never met Kube. I've never even spoken to Kube. I'm a '40 Ford guy, among other interests. ANYBODY in the '40 Ford world that knows just a little bit knows what Kube turns-out, and what he's made of. Seems like his ol' trailer queens will go right on down the road just fine. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote