Thread: Four Blade Fan
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #10
CWPASADENA

Default Re: Four Blade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbuckley View Post
Well there we go! I've travelled round Australia with rivetted 4 blade fan (possibly very old stock) no problem . But on the contrary the modern 4 blader bolt on (which has 2 arms on arms ) blades cracking on 2 seperate occasions and I refuse to use them- I suspect the blades are just too weak.

I will not run the reproduction 4 blade bolted fan. The blades are not stiff enough and they will flex and eventually crack and fail.

I have run the original Ford 4 blade fans for many years on my cars but I did recently have one loosen up the rivets.

It appears that there is an easy fix for this which I will do and would not be concerned with running it.

I recently purchased and NOS in the original box from Ford a 2 blade version of the 4 blade fan. Made exactly like the 4 blade fan but with only 2 blades.

If you are running an old fan, just be sure to not use one that is rust pitted or previously bent and straightened and check periodically for cracks.

Some like the plastic multiple blade fans but I do not run them as they do not look at all like something that Henry would have used on the Model A.

Again, this is Just My Opinion.

Chris W.

Last edited by CWPASADENA; 04-11-2019 at 07:37 PM. Reason: TYPO
CWPASADENA is offline   Reply With Quote