Thread: Clutch stuck
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 09:01 PM   #6
Mike the Grump

Default Re: Clutch stuck

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Comments in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
It seems you only get this car every now and then so you're in no hurry. Try putting some penetrating oil on the input shaft where the throwout bearing slides and leave it to do its work, maybe adding a little more every now and then. If it is stuck there, it may loosen things up enough to get a little movement. I doubt it would be a cure but it would isolate the culprit. I'd considered that. Decided to post here before I started poking at it or doing anything more.

Another potential place for seizure is the lower clutch shaft in the bell housing or clutch pedal on its shaft. There is only about 1/8th inch of travel but I can see the clutch fork move when I try and depress the pedal. I was using that as an indicator that it was not the pedal on its shaft or the rest of the mechanisim between the pedal and the bearing hub. I'd do the same treatment on those places too.
How much pressure were you putting on the clutch pedal? Enough to rock the car which is in gear with the parking break set.
Mike the Grump is offline   Reply With Quote