View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #11
tubman

Default Re: The '37 Dually is finally coming together

About 1995, I bought a real nice 1948 Seagrave open cab pumper (with the Pierce-Arrow flathead V12) from a guy in Mazomanie, WI. When we went down to pick it up, the guy who was selling it took us to a barn out of town where he kept his vehicles. I was blown away by the Seagrave (complete, with only 2300 road miles), but then I saw something back in the corner. It turned out to be a '37 Ford pickup that had been converted to a mini-pumper. It was a commercial conversion, not something hacked together, with a small pump driven off the front of the crankshaft and a bunch of related fire gear (pikes, axes, and a small ladder or two). It was in absolutely pristine condition with only 7800 miles. Alas, the purchase of one fire truck is a big deal, and I wasn't prepared to handle two, so I had to pass on it. The price? A princely $3000. Every time I think about it I kick myself.

This really has nothing to add to this thread, but the mention of a '37 Ford fire truck makes me want to kick myself again.

Didn't get a picture of the Ford, but here's the Seagrave. Did I mention that an antique fire truck is one of civilizations greatest social tools?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seagrave2 (2).jpg (52.5 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by tubman; 09-26-2019 at 02:57 PM.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote