View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 11:31 AM   #13
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Ford Licensing Article in Model "A" News

I agree with Tom, that the article was a bit mis-leading. A big international company like Ford has more than enough on it's hands than to 'worry' if we are getting quality parts for 90 year old cars, that Henry never dreamed would last this long anyway. He wanted people to crush their Model A's and buy new Ford products. Every company operates like that. And no, I would not banish Ford Motor Co. or their products today because we aren't getting the quality of Model A parts that we think we should be getting. That idea is ignorant.

As stated, Ford doesn't profit from this Licensing Agreement after administrative expenses are deducted. The percentage of their total gross revenue affected by us Model A people has to be what, 1/100,000ths of one percent?

If you read Mr. Tahtaras's (sp?) article on when he restored his '30 Dlx. Roadster, he spoke of NOS parts that he acquired that had to have been factory rejects, because he said that often times even THEY fit poorly and had to be re-worked.

No, I feel that Ford has a perfect right to monitor just who is trying to sell parts under their trademark logo. Every company does from Boeing to John Deere to Toyota. They own the thing. Look how Alan Mullally borrowed AGAINST the Blue Oval trademark to rebuild Ford when GM and Chrysler were taking Government money for free, that we all paid for thru our taxes. He couldn't have done that if the Blue Oval Ford script didn't have value in and of itself.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote