View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 11:26 AM   #11
Roger V

Default Re: Body Off Attempt

One man method: I made a saw horse a little taller than the rear body bottom rail. With a floor jack and 2X lumber cut to fit from the jack to a body cross member, I jacked the rear of the body up and slid the saw horse under. Took a trailer safety chain and put each hook in the front body mount holes (again slightly jacking the front body cross member first). Placed the hook of a come-along in the center of that chain. Double wrapped another chain around a garage cross tie. Placed the opposite come-along hook on that chain. Placed a 2X from the floor at an angle to near the chain on the tie on both sides. Ratchet the come along up to the point the rear cross member of the "chassis frame" clears the body cross members. Roll the chassis out. Lower the front of the body to another saw horse or in my case a wood rolling cart (made for this). For the doubters, the garage tie and angled supports from the floor are more than strong enough as you're lifting roughly half the body weight. Have done many that way including the A in my avatar.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote