View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
MJB1986

Default driveshaft advice for a one of a kind TT

Hi, I inherited a farmer built Ford snowmobile. My grandfather as a teenager collected every car he could find, at one time he said he had probably 60 Fords.When he returned from the war and began farming on his own all the cars left except this homemade one. Anyway, in the 1930's he put together a snowmobile using various parts. He had the correct Skis and tracks from the company that made the conversion kits in NH. He used a Model TT truck frame and worm drive axle but used a model A motor and two A transmissions hooked together. The rear transmission was then fastened directly to the rear axle with what i believe may be a homemade coupler. The TT frame was shortened at one point and I am not sure if he did that or if it was already done so the entire frame is only 8ft long. I am new to vehicles of this era and am trying to learn but what I'd like to do is set the motor at the front of the frame to allow for a little more room to work with for a homemade body. This would mean that I would somehow need to come up with a short driveshaft of some sort. Im looking for any advice or help as to what to use or how to go about this. I have attached a couple of photos of the output of the rear transmission and then the rear axle. Hopefully someone can give me some advice. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model A trans output.jpg (82.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Trans to axle coupler.jpg (53.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Rear Axle.jpg (38.9 KB, 24 views)
MJB1986 is offline   Reply With Quote