View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #11
MALAK

Default Re: Temp diff across Radiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Closed Cab PU View Post
Ok, think I know what my misunderstanding in interpreting WHNs reply. Temps were measured at the engine, not at the outlet of the radiator. So heat from the engine caused water at the inlet of the motor to be hotter than the outlet of the radiator.

In the data provided by MALAK, with the radiator at a stabilized 180 temp, and at driving speeds/rpms with good air flow through the radiator, temp in/out differential of the radiator varies from 30 to 50 degrees.

Malak
Interpreting your data, was the engine cold and showing warm up in the beginning of the data?

Am I correct in assuming you were driving the vehicle, or was the car stationary?

Did your car havea thermostat, find it curious that the coolant temp was so stable at 180 throughout the entire test.

Thanks
Sorry for the delay answering, I was traveling.
Yes the beginning of the data shows the car warming up.
Yes the car was driven for these tests. The spikes in RPM are me shifting gears.
Yes I run a 180° thermostat. I will be, in the near future, adding individual cylinder EGT probes, and a coolant probe behind cyl #4. Then doing multiple tests with/without thermostat, engine pans, 2/4 blade fans, ignition timing, and whatever other test I can think of.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
MALAK is offline   Reply With Quote