View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #21
slammin

Default Re: Water or Antifreeze ?

Dennis D,
The antifreeze debate aside, how many Model As have you looked at before deciding this one in the UP is the one for you? Your description of the condition of the body doesn't sound like an easy project. During my search, I found many reasonably priced As in the mid-west. I think for a few thousand more you could find a car that you wouldn't consider cutting the roof off! I found that I could buy an older restoration, still in good shape for about half what the owner spent on that restoration. I paid $7,500 for my 29 Tudor. Engine was rebuilt with insert bearings and a frame off restoration in the mid 90s. Seller estimated he had driven it about 500 miles since. He gave me over $16,000 in receipts for work done. As an added bonus, it was only about 3 1/2 hours from my home. They are out there if you look. I don't want to discourage you. If you have the time, skills and drive to do the work right, have at it! There are many on this site that have the time, money and experience to take on a major restoration and complete in a year. But on the other hand there are lots of projects sitting in garages for years, never finished. Just my opinion. That and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee.
slammin is offline   Reply With Quote