View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 12:23 PM   #12
AllenV

Default Re: '55 F100 new project, new member

Allright folks, more data:
FIRST, let's continue with the distributor. In image(1) you see the numbering on the shell. I make that as C0AF 12127 A. Inside, the weights and springs are fully concealed under a fixed deck plate. I think that places the dist. at about 1960 vintage?? In image (2) I have circled the location (left) of the vacuum port to which the old distributor was attached as well as the new location (right) to which I plan to attach the new distributor vacuum advance. Am I correctly understanding that the old location was ported vacuum? Does anyone foresee any problems with my intended new location?

NEXT: the request for images of the motor. Uploaded without itemized discussion. The block is the EDB 6015E noted in the first post. It has been suggested that this dates to 1958. Based on the carb# mentioned in that first post, I think it hails to about 1964. The distributor is out at the moment. The white pipe at the rear is a 1.5 inch plastic pipe serving to keep debris from falling into the open distributor hole. The rocker covers have the add-on oiling modification. The rubber hoses are cracked and removed for replacement. Generally, triage is on-going. I believe the motor is solid. But I have not yet done a compression or leak-down test.

LAST: Finding love is not one of my strong suits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_distShell.jpg (54.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0627annotated.jpg (108.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0623.jpg (149.7 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0624.jpg (141.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0625.jpg (49.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0626.jpg (112.8 KB, 80 views)
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...o-project.html
AllenV is offline   Reply With Quote