View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 08:41 PM   #8
Karl

Default Re: Ashtray Radio Installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Freeman View Post
It is LHD (ex USA) it appears to have had holes but they have been filled at some stage where the dimples would have been.
I presume there were only 2 holes that supported the the box itself? The 3rd hole that shows in Fig 269 is for the speedo cable support only? this has also been filled.
Some accurate dimensions from someone for the 3 holes from the bend in the firewall and in from the cowl side would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Graham
Graham i'm in the process of doing the same . The reprint does not have the firewall template but does have the dash template for cutting a dash without an ashtray (standard) I'd already cut mine by using the template in the Service Bulletins . I used a photocopier at work and enlarged the template until the distance between the choke and throttle knobs was correct and then printed it out.

Kevin feels that the radio will clear the glovebox on my RHD drive car . I think there are two T bolts rather than 3 but these are freely available or fabricated .

I have no dimples on my firewall either - and would appreciate some X Y measurements to locate where to drill on mine as well - Karl