View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 08:36 AM   #16
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: clueless Ford salesman

Lakis Ford in Galesburg used to have a 1924 Model T Tudor in their showroom and a 1937 Ford V-8 Tudor, They were neat to see.

Galesburg Lincoln-Mercury, back in the late 60's early 70's, always had a restored Model A in their showroom that was also for sale. When it got sold they'd bring another one in to take it's place. I don't know who was restoring the cars but I recall them being pretty nice. Pop and I stopped in there a LOT to see the Model A Fords.

Sunset Ford out in Orange County, California before they closed a few years ago always had several antique Fords, T's-A's-V8's mid 50's F Series pickups on display in their showroom along with fully restored antique visible gasoline pumps with globes lit up. It was fun just to stop in there and see them!

That really adds to a dealership. If you are selling cars you need to be in love with them at the same time especially Fords in a Ford dealership. Gustafson Ford in Kewanee has nice big framed factory Ford prints all around the showroom of scenes with T's-A's and V-8's plus picture albums and books in the lounge area all Ford related.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote