View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 11:28 PM   #24
cas3

Default Re: 8BA Low Oil Pressure

that is bad news i believe. you wont learn anything by blowing air into the oil passage as it goes to the bearings which are supposed to have the correct clearance, which would seem as a restriction when just blowing air into the system. drain the oil, silver-ish stuff showing is bearing material, hope its not there, did you use a good assembly lube on the bearings when putting it together? i've never had a pump that would not come out with some twisting and slight violence, but have heard similar stories here. be careful of heat on cast iron-heat and cool slowly or it will crack. many folks prefer the original ford pump if its good, over the new junk. with out even taking the pump body out of the block you can pull the bottom cover off and see if its good or not. badly scored by the gears on the cover is fixed by flipping it over. inside the pump if the gears have worn into the sides of the pump body and scored that, its junk. while in there, look at the relief valve on the pump housing, it should be clean and have a nice round ball and seat. if the pump looks ok, i'm afraid you burned up a bearing some where so you will not make any oil pressure. best wishes
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote