View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
hardtimes

Default B fuel pump experts ?

There's probably not that many '32 B fuel pump users, compared to V8 numbers, IMO. But, maybe someone who is well versed on this subject can help me here. Right now am a bit frustrated and wondering ...why the heck is it always the part that I buy that turns out to be an odd ball !
I've recently purchased a '32 pump carcass. What was rec'd in clean but otherwise unknown condition, as to whether ALL there. So, no big deal, eh, just order a 'kit' and be on my way to using this pump. NO, doesn't work that way. First thing asked...what is pump number...NO number on pump ! Only id is AC on inlet/outlet(?). Ok, send pictures. Sent two batches of pictures. 'Kit' came and I just now tried to put it together...nothing fit and/or belonged this pump. I will not say where kit came from, but the pump seller recommended their kit. Sorry for the long lead in .
My question is, does anyone know how many types of 4cyl fuel pumps were made and why no uniformity ? Got about 2 hundred into this carcass already and getting a bad feeling about not being a rebuildable carcass

I guess the bottom line is that I did not have to use Fords pump hole at all, but decided that with this new rebuild that I would. Where have all the good pumps gone
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote