View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #326
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Pilots.

This story has been difficult. I have started it and then deleted it several times. I could speak of pilots I admire and the very few I don’t. We are a diverse group of people but have several things in common. An industry of individuals who enjoy great camaraderie, have strong character and sometimes strong personalities. We are all heritosexual.
Of those who choose to become an ag pilot, one third turn out well. Very skilled and very professional. One third are okay and one third warm the seat on which they sit. Blokes are more suited but the girls who make it are equally skilled as the blokes. Almost the entirety of ag pilots I know have come off farms but a few have a parent who is or was an ag pilot. And I guess there are exceptions to my thoughts.
It is a rewarding job because at the end of the day or end or the season one can look back and feel satisfied for having achieved and contributed.
However it is a dangerous job and I have had friends and workmates die on the job. Earlier many topdressing pilots were caught in blind gullies and couldn’t out climb the terrain or turn around because aeroplanes were under powered. Many have been caught in power wires. Just a few with a component failure. Some failed to become airborne and some to climb away. And I guess some other reasons too. My parents weren’t delighted I choose this field of flying and lived out their lives worrying about me. I was pleased that my two sons choose to fly airliners.
I have had greater difficulty writing this story than any other. It is not a great story, sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat2.jpg (28.0 KB, 5 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote