View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #23
StockyM

Default Re: Model A cross-country migration

Tires are 3 years old. Co-pilot has worked on many cars. Both of us are very mechanically capable but as stated, the A is a new beast to us. I'm already committed to my non-refundable flights so I'm committed to at least get there and stare at it. I planned on changing oil every 1k. I was going to run a synthetic 15w-40 (I hesitate to state this knowing how people are with their oil opinions ) I did plan on some sort of electric heater to keep the window clear. If things go as planned and I can figure a way to post I will. I am currently a flip phone owner and am not sure how to regale you with tales of the road until I get back. Starting in Bend, OR. Thanks for the tips I will be pouring over the links and reading up on maintenance for the car. Got insurance for the car that includes flatbed towing. I got one quote and the price was CRAZY to ship so I didn't look into it more. Prolly should have got some numbers from other places cause $700 sounds like a deal. He is including a pile of repair books and such so if we don't know what to do we can always read. Thanks again for the help and I will more than likely have a few more quandaries before I leave. Will also look into a manifold heater I keep forgetting to do it.
StockyM is offline   Reply With Quote