View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 07:52 PM   #172
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Every time I vow to put this thing on the back burner because work in the cabinet shop has gotten so busy and my own kitchen is all torn up and the lawn needs mowing already and I have company coming for the weekend and a hundred other reasons, I sneak out there and grab a few tools and go at it. So I have still been mocking up doors with scrap lumber and plywood. It's that darn transition from voluptious front cowl to the slab sided '40 ford woodie type body that is getting to me. I was able to make most of the transition by shaping the 2 x 5 1/2" bottom door rail as a twist and all the while keeping the line of the inset panel straight and in line with the rear stile of the door. Somewhere along the line when it stopped raining, I painted the hood that I sanded on Saturday. It's a three ring circus of 8ba outdoor rebuild, tin work and wood work. Oh, and then there's the real work during the weekdays that pays for all this madness, so I guess it's four rings....... I actually milled some of the parts for the actual doors in hard maple when I was set up to make the rear quarters, so I am pretty anxious to see what the real doors will look like. My big ol' lawn is about 8" high......
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote