View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 11:20 PM   #99
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

So the record temp for today in Seattle was 62 but we made 63 today. I told my employee I was workin on the woodie..... It does not look changed much but for the first time the maple exoskeleton is joined together with well glued 1/2" plywood splines, mortise and tenon joints and 3m 5200 marine adhesive sealant. No more mockups, no more patterns, no more movie sets. What I'm saying is there is no backing up now. The panels will be able to be removed from this structure and finished/veneered as I see fit. I made parts for both sides but this side is easier to photograph. The 3m is known by boatey types as 'pinky', 'bubblegum' and other names. It is a tan colored, rubbery, tenacious glue. This will be a very tough and resilient vehicle, although maybe harder to repair than an original. Tomorrow I can't take the day off, but I have the parts ready so at quitting time I can assemble the drivers side to match. After I find a 42-50 truck 3 speed tranny I should have this thing able to motor in and out of the shop for the upcoming good weather. I already have the brake parts and a choice of engines.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 036.jpg (65.0 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg 037.jpg (62.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 040.jpg (69.8 KB, 79 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote