View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
dbtenner

Default 1934 Spark/ Ignition Issue

Hello Ford Barn,

I'm needing some assistance. On Friday I drove my 1934 Roadster for at least an hour or two around town without any issues. Idling at stops, vacuum pressure, shifting and overall operation was just fine. Smooth sailing. Now this morning on Christmas Eve, I drove it around town for maybe 30 minutes and came to a stop at a stop sign (had a bump in the road). Downshifted to first gear and was ready to take off, shifted into second and then in the midst of going into third it died. Could not get it to start after that.

I have gone through the entire fuel delivery system draining the lines. Then cranking to make sure fuel is shown in the filter and consequently the carb. No problem with that. The battery is now dead aftre many attempts starting it. I had my brother try and crank it over earlier, and held a continuity tester on the coil (that goes on the spark plug). NO SPARK after he was hitting the starter.

Any ideas?? I doubt its the condenser or distributor related since I did not touch it. However I did take the side caps (going to the ignition coil) to see the points and then put it back in and closed the wire latch. Need some guidance please.
dbtenner is offline   Reply With Quote