Thread: Jump Starting?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #31
VeryTangled

Default Re: Jump Starting?

Barners, here's what I was thinking when I started this discussion...

Prof. Henry writes very entertaining descriptions of his multi-day travels. The V8 Club is trying to promote driving events. Even the Barners Bashes, like the recent Maine tour, and Georgia tour(s) are something that interests me. There are probably several caravans that are traveling west this year. (Tipping hat to all who work behind the scenes to organize these events.)

For group tours it's not too hard to find a set of suitable jumper cables and a 6v donor car.

But in other cases we're not traveling with buddies and are not going to have the luxury of going 6v to 6v if we need a jump start.

I didn't quite say it clearly in my original post, but in my 53 years on this planet I've broken more than a few things from my own stupidity. Usually these things can be fixed with time, money, and effort. But I and am trying to learn from those experiences and be smarter.

Towards that end I thank all contributors to The Barn, and to this thread.

I can see a time in the future where I'd like to more clearly understand the most gentle techniques for road-side breakdown solutions.

So that was were I was coming from.

-VeryTangled/Jeff
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote