View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #19
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: rebuilding a pre-36 steering box - parts interchangeability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Australia View Post
Update - I phoned the company, and they informed me that they refunded the price of the parts - So when I got me credit card statement this whole exercise has left me $200 out of pocket, with me paying taxes on the parts and the shipping, bank fees to send and receive the money back, and additional shipping charges to send the parts back on their mislabeling of the parts.

So very disappointing.

It IS disappointing, and really not a huge surprise. There are a FEW purveyors of cheap crapola out there in old car land that either sell SOME parts of questionable quality, sell LOTS of parts of questionable quality, show complete stupefaction when any reasonable customer service becomes necessary, or ALL of the above. Several folks have attempted to warn the masses to heed the obvious, and the too-numerous complaints ranging from A to Z with these guys. Heck, just looking at their ads and using a little wisdom should tell ya that some of the parts and their claims seem far too good to be true. There ARE still some really honest, caring and stand-up old Ford parts vendors out there. They are discussed with regularity here on the forum if you pay attention with an open mind. I'm very sorry to hear that this bunch really stuck it to you, both time-wise and financially. And, they'll be happy to do it to ya again if you give them another chance. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote