View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 06:51 AM   #21
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: I plan on shaking things up at the Model A club hubley event today..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 160B View Post
Link to the rules

http://mafca.com/hub_rules.html

part of the rules:

The Cars:
The cars must be metal 1:20 scale models made by Hubley, Gabriel, and Scale Model.

Any of the seven Model "A" body styles may be used: Sedan, Station Wagon, Coupe, Roadster, Roadster Pickup, Victoria, and Phaeton.
Cars must be stock including the original tires, wheels, and axle screws. No modifications allowed.

Steering may be secured or loose at makers choice.

Weight of each car can be no more than 1 pound, 5 ounces (station wagon weight). A small amount of leeway will be allowed due to the differences of scales. Weights added to lighter cars must be secured, not loose in car.

A dry lubricant (graphite for example) is allowed at owners choice.

We helped build my son one of those over a decade ago to race, and when we showed up there were several there with all kinds of modifications like that. I asked that same question and was told it would be OK. I think it started with a top being removed on a Roadster or Open Cab P/U, then Victorias started showing up as Convertible Sedans or Fordors as Town Cars, and each time more & more stuff changed until I think it is pretty much as anything goes as long as you are under the max weight limit.

Off topic just a bit, I have over 20 kits that I have collected with the intent to build a 4'x8'x1' deep shadowbox replicating the Ford Assembly plant where there would be 3 floor levels in 1/20 scale very similar to what Steve Plucker did using 1/25th scale resin kits. I just cant seem to get the time to get started on the project, but I sure would like one for my office or foyer area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ASMLINE_2.jpg (32.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg ASMLINE_3.jpg (36.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg ASMLINE_5.jpg (38.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg ASMLINE_7.jpg (43.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg ASMLINE_9.jpg (49.3 KB, 28 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote