Old 10-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #32
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Clutch replacement costs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Looks like we need to find cheaper hobbies
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Franklin View Post
It is cheaper if you embrace the hobby and learn to do the repairs in your garage.
Jeff, your comment has been one that has been commented on for decades.

Yes, it is definitely cheaper.

One thing about the Model-A hobby that took years for me to understand is that a good many hobbyists have no idea about nor the desire to learn about doing their own maintenance. It probably compares to the amount of new car owners who do not do their own maintenance. Just because an owner of a new sports car or muscle car cannot do the maintenance themselves does not mean they do not enjoy their automobile. For me that did not seem possible because I spent all my childhood working with my dad on his Model-As. In my pre-teen years, it seemed everyone in the Model-A club did their own restoration work to some level. At our house, we did it all with the exception of some britework and some engine machining. What flipped the proverbial 'light switch' for me was when I realized that for me, driving them was boring, but working on them and all that went into accurately/authentically restoring them was fun. Now, my satisfaction and thrill comes from turning someone else's dream into a reality. I'm sure to some people, what thrills me seems dumb to many others, ...and authentically restoring bores most people where they have no desire to participate in that. So with that said, to some it makes better sense to own and drive a car in which they just realize the maintenance is better suited for someone else to perform.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote