View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #21
Napa Skip

Default Re: Manifold Cooking

Very interesting and enjoyable article about Anne Neely Beck. There have also been several articles in “The Restorer” ("Make Mine Medium Rare" on pages 26-28 of the November-December 1974 issue, “Cookin’ Along in My Model A” by Pat Duffy on pages 16-17 of the November-December 1985 issue; “Using the Model A As A Campstove” by William Johnston on page 21 of the May-June 1990 issue; “Manifold Cookery” on page 30 of the July-August 1992 issue; etc.) and no doubt other articles, both in “The Restorer” and in the “Model A News.” Also, several clubs have published their own cookbooks.

The “Make Mine Medium Rare” article has several roast beef recipes as does the "Manifold Cookery" article (Blackened Roadfish, Roadside Stew, Interstate 10 Chicken Wings, etc.) and the latter – conveniently – gives the cooking times in miles instead of minutes/hours.

Also, most articles recommend triple wrapping whatever is to be cooked in tin foil, which should take care of any concern about engine odors permeating the food.
MARC of San Diego (1977-1978)
MAFCA (since 1978)
MARC (since 1977)
----------
Model A owners belong in their Model A’s; Model A’s belong on the road.

Last edited by Napa Skip; 10-05-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typo
Napa Skip is offline   Reply With Quote