View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #33
gary678*

Default Re: Manifold Cooking

Tried it a few times as I think this is a "Fun Idea" and would be a great club activity. My results and recommendations: 1) Backed the "A" out of the garage and let idle for 1 minute; checked manifold temperature with a very accurate temperature gun and temp was 375. After a 30 minute drive at 40-45 MPH and RPM's circa 2000 the manifold temp was 560 while coolant temp was a steady 160. 2) Wrapped in 2 layers of aluminum foil uncooked sausage, onions, peppers, olive oil, and a small amount of tomato paste and drove for 45 minutes. This was wrapped longitudinally to lay lengthwise along the manifold ( do not make it deep/tall). 3) Make seams of foil on top sides to avoid dripping on engine. 4) The above preparation was driven 45 minutes, everything was cooked well but area contacting manifold was burned. 5) Repeated above for 30 minutes; everything cooked well with less burning along contact with manifold. 6) With 1/2" square wire mesh I made a long 1" high cage to fit along the length of the manifold thus avoiding direct contact but allowing a good cooking temperature; worked great! 7) Before doing this as a group activity I would recommend that people try this on their own to refine their recipes and minimize shortcomings. 8) HAVE FUN!!
gary678* is offline   Reply With Quote