View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #9
Henry Floored

Default Re: GranCor Heads (Granatelli Corp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre1898 View Post
Gentlemen...Is there any historical info available on GranCor heads in anyone's collection ? I have seen several singles offered for sale over the years but have never seen a "pair" and I would consider buying a pair for an 8BA if anyone has them. But ultimately I would like to further my research on Andy Granatellis' company and what all he was building back then for racing. I have seen a couple intakes of different styles as well. Can anyone help ? Thank You.

dusty
Hey Dusty there are actually two issues of The Rodders Journal that you might be interested in. Issue #18 features the '34 Ford coupe owned by the Granatelli's. I must correct myself and srate that it was actually Juaquin Arnett of the famed Bean Bandits car club that built the car. Issue #18 gives a great summary of that car and it's tenure under the ownership of the Granatelli brother's ownership. It must be noted that it was fully equipped with Grancor Flathead Ford speed equipment.

The next issue of TRJ that you would find interesting, maybe even more so, is the "Granatelli Story" in issue #28. This is a complete summary of the roots of the Granatelli brothers, their racing and business ventures.

Regrettably I cannot scan these articles for you as I am having trouble with my scanner. I hope these leads help you though kind sir.
Henry Floored is offline   Reply With Quote