Thread: Beware
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #20
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
OK, this has been discussed on another forum already so some of this is redundant but the truth of the matter is there is way more to this than what some are giving credit for. First-off, this information is posted on their website, so a prospective buyer who is prudent will look at all the info FIRST before they place the order.

FWIW, I have looked and I'm pretty sure the original print of the water connector is NOT at the archives. Maybe you can find it, but I have the same print as Lee does for the A-8005-B Assembly Drawing, ...and he is correct that the dimensions are not listed on that print. If you will take note, he explains that he has original tanks to use as samples and he knows what the correct size is supposed to be. His problem is he can build it correctly but the hose manufacturers don't.

Now here is why this entire thread is SO asinine is that if someone really wants to have a the best experience, you send Brassworks your radiator shell AND you specify whether you are using the off-shore brand of reproduction hoses, the US-manufactured reproduction hoses, --or original Ford-made hoses. They can assemble your radiator that will give years of service where everything fits perfectly. If you don't want to spend the effort upfront, then do you really have the right to bitch, ….especially if the manufacturer is very upfront about these issues and prints them on their website for everyone to read??.

Brent,

I have to agree with your statement. I visited the Brassworks shop a year ago when we were in Cental California and that is how he explained it to me. He said bring in your radiator or send it to him and he will take measurements so it will fit your car. If you prefer, he can re-core your Radiator.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote